Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Neon


I'm always on the lookout for great vintage signage and was excited to find some "new" neon as I was returning from my son-in-law duty attending Mega church with Mrs. Ephemera's mother. I spotted this overlooked facade at Easter and brought my camera with me on Mother's Day to capture these images of the Sanford-Orlando Kennel Club. The first greyhound race was held there in 1935, and the Moderne building with the signage may not have been that old, but it was very vintage. Unfortunately only one of the neon greyhounds still lit up, but more than anything I'm excited that there are still discoveries to be made in my own backyard.

What I'm trying to say has been beautifully articulated in this blog: "Wonder is a lens through which you see the world, and cultivating a sense of wonder does not require exotic locales."

No comments:

Post a Comment