Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 faves

2008 was a wonderful year and I saw some amazing things. Here are a few of my favorites.


• Sunset Ana Maria Island
Having spent Christmas Day with the in-laws, my family celebration was pushed back and held later on Florida's Gulf coast. It was a fun gathering of family and incredible sights like this one.

• Eagle Love
We discovered an eagle's nest at the cemetery near our house. These two grew up and flew away in the spring.


• Swan Lake
I was shocked one day to find these Mute Swans swimming around our little urban lake. They flew away shortly after I snapped this. The white balance is off on my camera, but I think it works in this instance.


• Sculpy Heron 
I had some leftover Sculpy I tried to put to good use making little birds. The results were mixed but I sure enjoyed messing around with it.


• McKee Waterlilies
An April anniversary trip to McKee Botanical Gardens in Vero Beach, led me to this shot. A roadside attraction opened on US 1 in the 1920s, the Gardens only recently re-opened after being neglected for years.


• Iconic neon
The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole was the first of many spectacular sights on a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone with my family.


• Sunrise in Jackson Hole
The final day of our summer vacation started out with a bang. Waking up early to take pictures is one of my favorite things to do on vacation.


• Filmbook concepts
I had fun pitching ideas to promote film and video production in Central Florida. I shot these out back (neither concept was the one that was chosen.)


• New Mexico Conference
I elected to try my hand at film-making at the Society for Commercial Archeology's conference in Albuquerque. The results are not yet completed. Shot from Kristin from SoCal.


• Vintage Rt. 66 neon
Shot from my video camera.


• Peacock at Ponce's place
I was delighted to find the Fountain of Youth in St. Augustine kitschy and interesting.


• Sunrise at Wakulla
A post Christmas trip to the panhandle yielded this image.




No comments:

Post a Comment