Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas in 3-D

My friend Jim has created his own digital 3-D camera and he achieves astonishing results. The depth of the images go back and back and it looks like you could almost walk into the scene. See lifeis3d.com.

I bought some cards from him recently which were not holiday -related, but wished he had some that were. So I've been trying to come up with some of the best holiday subjects in Orlando to shoot in 3-D.

Historically, the big star that hangs over Orange Avenue every year, would be a natural.
If you shot it right, you could get the depth of the buildings on either side of the street disappearing into the distance.

Then I though for pure kitsch you couldn't beat my friend Victor's plastic Santa display in his front yard near Lake Como. In fact, his neighborhood between Curry Ford and Anderson usually has some amazing holiday decorations.

Last night I stumbled across a giant Christmas Tree inside the big glass ball at the Winnie Palmer Hospital. I think that would make a great 3-D image..

Let me know if you can think of any other subjects for Christmas in 3-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment