Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Deco

It's fun and pink and perfect for Easter. It's my partial collection of Orlando Art Deco/Art Moderne architecture! Included are some of the Central Florida buildings I know of, designed in this style made popular in the early to mid-twentieth century. If you can think of some that I'm missing, let me know!

This beauty is on the Dubsdread Golf Course in College Park.

Kress Building Downtown Orlando

This great old building is saved only by the recession...

Detail from the same building.

Detail from a home near Thorton Park

Apartments near Lake Davis

Residence in College Park

Part of The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne Complex

Dubsdread Golf Course, College Park

Residence in College Park

Apartment Building in College Park

Near Lake Ivanhoe

My former apartment at Lake Ivanhoe Shores

Door detail from Lake Ivanhoe Shores, photo by Jodi Rubin

Formerly Publix, now Colonial Photo & Hobby in the ViMi district

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I was riding my bike by the pink apartments the other day, admiring the balcony and door designs! This reminds me I need to go take some photos, too.

    You forgot the funeral home next to the pink apts. I was noticing it's tower and how deco it is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! I shot it but forgot to include it in the blog!

    ReplyDelete